[TowerTalk] Shack wiring

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Shack wiring
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 08:55:50 -0400
This may be stretching the topic limits a little, but since I've seen
lots about shack wiring here I hope it's acceptable:

I have my shack wired through a series of plug strips, such that I can
switch off the whole radio side at once without affecting computers or
lighting.  In effect, all of the outlets are in parallel, but strip A is
plugged into the wall, Strip B into Strip A, and Strip C into Strip B.
I recently bought another surge suppressor strip and was surprised to
see a safety warning about NOT connecting strips this way.  So long as
each of the strips has an identical current rating, or at least so long
as those closer to the wall outlet are rated higher than those further
along, is there any real reason not to do what I have done?

--
73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com