Re: [TowerTalk] 2" OD pipe.. again

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 2" OD pipe.. again
From: Charlie Gallo <>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 09:40:15 -0400
On 3/19/2010 Michael Ryan wrote:

>  REALLY HOPE these
> guys use their water pipes, pipe cleaners, or pool cleaners, or whatever, to
> prop up their antennas.

As someone said - there is a place for everything.  That said, my dinky little
TA-33Tigarray (a Jr with the full power traps) will be sitting on 2" mast, and
only about 6 inches above the thrust bearing, so I'm not worried

BTW - same rotor, same antenna sat on top of a 40ft tube tower, on the roof of
a building for MANY years (Till I got to take it down), right on the shore, in
a high wind area - what did they use?  a 9 inch long (or so) piece of 1.75 inch
SOLID Aluminum round - the antenna was, however, only a whopping 1 or 2 inches
above the rotor

73 de KG2V

For the Children - RKBA!

My Website: