Re: [TowerTalk] EZ Way Tower RBS40

To: "'Roy Gould'" <roy.gould1@verizon.net>, "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] EZ Way Tower RBS40
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:15:20 -0400
Hi Roy,

Near the bottom of the inside section there is a heavy bar with two loops
welded to it in the center. One points up the other points down. This is
where the lift cable is supposed to attach. However I put a thimble around
the center of the bar to attach the cable to rather than to the welded loop.
This positions the cable in away from the fixed tower section by a 1/2 inch
or so and that keeps it from rubbing on the fixed tower section when the
center is raised.

The pulley at the top is mounted at a slight angle into the tower. The
inside part goes to the cable going down between tower sections. The other
side the cable goes down the outside to the winch. This slight angle keeps
the cable from rubbing on the tower.

73
Gary  K4FMX