Re: [TowerTalk] M2 OR2800PDC question

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] M2 OR2800PDC question
From: Dan <n5ar@air-pipe.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 08:27:46 -0700
I tap off ahead of the regulator in a power supply and plug the power
cord into a Variac. You then have a variable motor voltage to control
the speed. I also have a reversing switch on the motor lead connection.
This will settle whether the problem is the reed switch. Of course, Skip
is correct that the controller will not put out motor voltage unless it
is receiving reed switch pulses.
  I notice that many of the imported rotators also use pulse switches. I
wonder if they also have these pulse switch problems and would like to
hear from anyone who has had that happen.
I have had 2 pulse switch failures  in 10 years but I know it is during
nearby lightening strikes.
  I was told by the M2 phone trouble shooter that they are looking into
the possibility of having the reed switch replacable thru the side of
the motor case.

73, Dan, N5AR