Re: [TowerTalk] Hex Beam

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hex Beam
From: "David Thompson" <>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 21:23:52 -0400

Virtually everyone who has put up a Hex beam is pleased with the results.
Tom WA4TM was looking for a small tri-bander but finally put up a tri-band
Hex beam several years ago on about 40 feet of heavy duty Rohn push up mast
(35 feet or so up).  He and I both worked a 5R8 on 20 SSB barefoot to
compare.  I have a KT-34XA at 76 feet
and was 5/9 and Tom was 5/8.  I have heard him working plebty of DX on 15
and last year 17 so he must have added that band at least.

73 Dave K4JRB