Re: [TowerTalk] Drill bits

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Drill bits
From: hanslg@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 00:20:24 -0400

 An HSS type should do the job. You have to use some oil to avoid
burning/overheating the drill though. If you want to be a little fancy you can
buy a carbon-nitride drill bit. They, usually, are gold colored and come with
"life-time warranty" how much that now is worth. You should still use oil
during the drilling as that extend the lifetime of the drill quite a lot.

An other avenue is to resharpen the drill after it gets dull, but that requires
a grinder and some skill. You get good at it after some time though.

Hans - N2JFS