[TowerTalk] LM-354 Tower Base Bolts

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] LM-354 Tower Base Bolts
From: "Ron W8RJL" <>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 00:56:42 -0400
I am installing a used Tri-Ex LM-354 crank up tower. Can anyone tell me the
proper grade of bolt (hardness) to use in this application. The LM-354 tower is
54 foot self supporting and will have a 3 element SteppIR for wind load. There
are three 3/4" bolts securing each leg to the steel ears sticking out of the
concrete base. I'm sure I can purchase the 3/4" bolts from Tashjian Tower in
California but shipping is very expensive. Tashjian wanted $400 shipping and
handling for getting the base to the east coast. I started looking through the
archives but did not see anything on bolts. Thanks, Ron W8RJL