Re: [TowerTalk] 40/80m dipole

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40/80m dipole
From: "Jim Brown" <>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 22:09:45 -0700
On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 20:21:53 -0700, Tom Osborne wrote:

>Remember the old 'twisted pair" feedline?

No, I don't! Hold old are you, Tom?  :)

But I do have some vintage Belden 72 ohm twin lead, what used to be called
"Kilowatt Twin Lead," with what I think was #10 stranded copperweld in a
molded dark brown jacket. I found a 250 ft spool, NOS, at a hamfest
somewhere in the Chicago area about 30 years ago and stashed it in the
basement, knowing that I would somehow find a use for it. I did -- to feed
that 80/40 loaded dipole on 80 and 160 as a top-loaded wire. :)

Jim K9YC