[TowerTalk] Initial Stages of Moving - 65 ft Tower - C31XR and D-40

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Initial Stages of Moving - 65 ft Tower - C31XR and D-40
From: "Tom Crothers" <TCrothers@columbus.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 18:14:01 -0400
Hello Everyone,

I'm in the initial stages of moving from the country back into the city.  I
have a self supporting 65 Ft. tower in my side yard with a C31XR tri-bander
- with a D-40 rotatable dipole stacked on top of it.  The tower was
manufactured in a welding shop nearby.  It is triangular (steel tubular
construction), 24 inches at the base cascading to 18 inches in the middle,
cascading to 14 inches at the top - netting a total of 65 feet in height.

I'm probably not going to be in a housing situation ever again when I can
erect the tower.  I'm looking for anyone interested in taking the antennas
down, taking the tower down, and transporting it away.  The job would also
entail grinding the remaining stubs of the tower down flush with the cement
base so the new owners just have the cement pad left.  The tower has been up
at this QTH for three years and the entire assembly - antennas and tower are
in great shape.

I'm located between Marengo, OH and Mt Vernon, OH, in rural Morrow County -
about 30 miles north of Columbus.  Due to moving into a smaller house, I
don't have room to store any of the tower sections or the antennas.  Is
there any interest out there in coming to my QTH, and taking the assembly
down?  I'm giving it away if I can find the right guys to do the job.
Please let me know, and we'll see if we can work out the timing and
logistics.

Thanks,

Tom

K8ANA