Re: [TowerTalk] coax stubs /bandpass filter

To: jimlux <>, "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] coax stubs /bandpass filter
From: Stein Roar LA6FJA-K3RAG <>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 14:44:55 +0200 (MEST)

all is mounted into a small painting box.

Different bands have multiple stubs to null to different bands.

It is placed about 10-15 ft from the rigs, but I dont have cable between the
stubs as I have soldered it directly on relays for each band.
I have read people have had it about 1/2 wavelength from station, I donno if 7
mhz will have 20m of coax from the rig to filter to have it optimal effect?

I have perfect SWR and the attunation is ok about 20-30 db on the excatly
harmonic QRG from 7.000 to 3,500  20db's
QRG from 7.100 to 14.200 25 db's

I can still hear some white noise..if I fire up to 1kw from the amp... but it
is still there on 100 watts on both trxs.

2nd option can be the bad RX in the TS2000, but I have tried both the TS930 and
TS850 with inrad filters and roofing filters installed.

Maybe I need some 7mhz lowpass filters ????

I ordered some ICE 419, but they stopped making this upon my order.
This was the cheapest option, but it crazy to pay 600 $ those expensive packs
for each station, I wanna have this filters to work, but I cannot measure any
thing with scope...

Maybe it is better with monoband yagies ???
 I was thinking the multiband antenna maybe generate bad harmonics too ?????