[TowerTalk] Balun and Open Wire line and Polyphaser

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Balun and Open Wire line and Polyphaser
From: "Drax Felton" <>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 19:58:08 -0400
I have Polyphaser surge protectors as part of my single point ground system
on my other antenna coax lines.

Right now I run my 450 ladder line to a knife switch to ground it when not
in use.

I want to install a DX Engineering DXE-BAL050-H10-AT balun outside and run a
5ft. length of coax indoors instead of the ladder line.  The ladder line
feeds a random length horizontal loop force fed with a transmatch.

Is it OK to install another Polyphaser unit in-line with this coax cable?
Or will the SWR mismatch voltages be too high?  Power used will be anywhere
between 100 to 1500 watts.

You advise is appreciated.