[TowerTalk] HyGain th7 vs th6

Subject: [TowerTalk] HyGain th7 vs th6
From: Doug Snowden <>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 22:35:59 -0500
When I lived in FL I had a Hygain 204BA at the same height as a TH3
(the 3 el beam)
and I could barely ever tell any difference on RX. The TH3 has less bandwidth
than the TH6 or TH7, but is only a little less advertised gain, and actually has
better F/B ratio than either the TH6 or TH7. For the money, wind load,
weight etc
I think the TH3 is a killer.  BTW, I now have a TH5 that I am about to
take down to
replace the trap caps, and if I had a TH3 I would put it up in place
of it. In fact if someone wants to trade, I am game !!!

Doug N4IJ