Re: [TowerTalk] findiing aluminum tubing

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] findiing aluminum tubing
From: Doug Snowden <dougn4ij@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 22:49:57 -0500
I have found aluminum tubing at the local metal salvage yard. Normally
you will find tons of steel, but here, they keep a section of aluminum
sheet, tubing, pipe, etc.
More likely you will find very big heavy aluminum pipe, which is a
different OD and ID
than tubing.  I have been visiting for a while trying to find 3 inch
tubing for an
antenna BOOM, but have never found it, so the antenna stays in the planning
stage. The best reason for the salvage yard is because they charge by the pound.

I don't think texas towers even sells 3 inch tubing, even in short 6 ft pieces.

Doug N4IJ
Oklahoma