Re: [TowerTalk] Cutting a section of tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com, ku4bp@triad.rr.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cutting a section of tower
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 08:08:28 EDT

In a message dated 4/1/2010 10:28:00 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  Thanks to all who replied. A hacksaw will work but it  might be to much
work.
Picked up an attachment for my drill and will do it  with that. Hopefully,
I'll be able to get this project done this year.

For any sort of steel cutting my  preferred method is to use my 4.5"
hand-grinder with a very thin cutting blade  (I think they're 1/8"). It'll cut
thru just about anything including EHS guy  cable (very hard) in seconds.

        Second is an aggregate  steel cutting blade in a Skilsaw/circular
saw and you probably already have one.  It's a little awkward at times but
the blade is less than five bucks and again  will cut steel quickly.

        I'm not sure what drill  attachment you are going to use.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH