Re: [TowerTalk] TOWAIR query - proximity to airport, FCC and FAA registr

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TOWAIR query - proximity to airport, FCC and FAA registration
From: "Dick Dievendorff" <dieven@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 17:46:56 -0700
I'm not trying to avoid FAA registration. I'd much rather apply now than
after I've spent money putting up a tower that ends up being one that I
can't keep.

My question was to find out how to apply.  Now I've filed the FAA form, and
I thank Neil for the pointer to the FAA web page.

"Not too far" means I thought it might be close enough that I should ask the
question. I'm not posing as an expert as to whether the FAA should be
concerned or not. I used the FCC tool, found out I might need to apply, so
I've applied.  I have no desire to create a hazard, and I'm quite willing to
file their application.  It was an online form that took about 5 minutes,
most of which was registration as a new user.

Dick, K6KR