Re: [TowerTalk] HFTA Type Data Outside of North America?

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HFTA Type Data Outside of North America?
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 16:05:09 -0400

Dean Straw recommended the SRTM (Space Shuttle Topography Mission)
90 meter data.  He has a draft of the HFTA operating directions
that reference an updated microDEM that will work with the SRTM
data.  Here is the relevant paragraph:

 > Dr Peter Guth, author of MicroDEM, has fixed versions of MicroDEM
 > after June 6, 2009, to work correctly with SRTM input. You will
 > have to go to the MicroDEM website to download the complete basic
 > package, which is about 55 MB in size. After you have installed
 > the basic version, you must then download the latest executable
 > Microdem.exe, following instructions also on the site:

Appendix A in Dean's latest draft operating instructions provides
detail on generating terrain profiles using the STRM data with the
updated version of microDEM.

   ... Joe, W4TV