Re: [TowerTalk] Can motorized crank up's be manually

To: towertalk@contesting.com, Jim.thom@telus.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Can motorized crank up's be manually
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 08:56:57 EDT

In a message dated 4/3/2010 6:34:43 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  We  just went through a big wind storm all last  night [ thursday
night/fri morning].   The  commercial  AC  power flickered and dimmed
a few times.  It eventually died  for  2 hrs.

>  Ok,  what happens  with the   HDX-689... when it's fully extended, and
els all broadside to the wind.. and  power goes off ??

>  Can these things  be  brought  down manually .. safely.... by another
method ??   [ hand winch,  cordless drill, etc]

I don't think anyone  mentioned taking the guard off of the motor V-belt
and then removing the belt.  Then you can turn the transmission pulley by
hand. It's a slow laborious  process but coming down is relatively easy -
gravity is your friend. Raising  it is much harder manually.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH