Re: [TowerTalk] dxengineering U-bolts froze??

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] dxengineering U-bolts froze??
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 17:56:09 -0400
If you use stainless steel hardware "dry" it galls up very easily, even
without being very tight.  Once it galls, the only way to remove it is to
break the bolt.   Nearly early everyone on towertalk replied to use
antiseize compound with stainless steel bolts.  This stuff works great, but
it's a mess to work with.  I have been using white lithium grease on SS
threads for years and have not had any removal problems.

John KK9A