Re: [TowerTalk] Coax

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax
From: "Jim Brown" <>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 19:53:43 -0700
On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 20:02:35 -0400, Gary Schafer wrote:

>I discovered that the PL to N adaptor was an off brand one. I replaced it
>with an amphenol and the return loss was much better at 2 meters.

Yes. I fell into the same trap, buying a lot of that cheap junk at hamfests.
On at least six different occasions one after another of them drove me nuts
-- everything from intermittents to overheating to falling apart to excessive
loss. I packed them all in a bag and sold them for a buck apiece at a flea

Jim K9YC