Re: [TowerTalk] dxengineering U-bolts froze??

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] dxengineering U-bolts froze??
From: Ian White GM3SEK <>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 19:23:34 +0100
>Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] dxengineering U-bolts froze??
>From: "May, Mark J." <>
>Date: Wed, April 14, 2010 7:59 am
>To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics."
>I spoke with our Loctite rep. He said that Loctite with work to
>preclude galling on stainless fasteners. Might be a thought.

There are many different kinds of Loctite. Probably the best for general
antenna work is blue Loctite 242 or 243.

Yes, it does prevent galling while tightening SS threads; and then it
sets solid to lock the thread and seal it against corrosion. Blue grades
of Loctite are specifically designed to be released using hand tools.

There is a very good product selection guide on the Loctite website:

73 from Ian GM3SEK