[TowerTalk] Field Day Antennas - Multiband Vee-Beam?

Subject: [TowerTalk] Field Day Antennas - Multiband Vee-Beam?
From: Roger Parsons <>
Reply-to:, "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 12:21:23 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Steve

The Oxford club tried Vee Beams in the '60s when I was first involved. They
need to be tuned for each band just like a doublet, so no advantage there. Our
experience was that they were not worth the effort - and that was in the days
when there were a lot of USA to work during the contest where they perhaps
should have had an advantage. With the contest now being basically Europe I
would say don't bother.

Hope to work you in the contest!

73 Roger