[TowerTalk] Tower Base In Concrete

Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Base In Concrete
From: Steve Bagley <>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 15:06:42 -0400
I am installing a base of my tower directly into the concrete.  If I place
a layer of sand or crushed rock at the bottom of the hole for drainage,
should I place the base directly onto this rock for drainage?

My quandry arrises considering I want to attach the tower base to the rebar
cage, and the cage must be totally enclosed in the concrete.  If I have the
tower legs sticking out of the concrete, will this present a corrosion issue
or have an effect on the Ufer ground?

Appreciate your thoughts and comments!

Steve, N2MAI