[TowerTalk] Digging holes for anchor rods

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Digging holes for anchor rods
From: "Tommy Alderman" <aldermant@windstream.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 19:32:27 -0400

It has been posed to me by a local commercial construction supervisor, that
I use a laser leveler to make sure the bottom of the anchor rod holes are at
the same level. While I have great faith of this persons word (based on the
experience he has on the job.), I have never heard of any ham going to these
lengths. My tower site ground does not change drastically, possibly a foot
difference from the other two holes.

In you tower builders opinion, do you think this is a necessary step? Did
you do it when installing your own tower?

Many thanks for any input.

73,

Tom - W4BQF