Re: [TowerTalk] Windom

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Windom
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 11:06:05 -0400
 Just a little note regarding "link coupling": I had just put up my first
Window with a link coupling to a home built antenna tuner. Everything went
well. I was very happy how well it worked. 1/1 swr etc. When it started to
snow!!! First I got a loud bang in my power supply (an indication my rig wasn't
properly grounded). When that was fixed I heard and saw a blue spark between
the loop connected to the antenna and the coil connected to the radio.

Conclusion: Always make sure you have a DC path from you antenna and ground

73 de Hans - N2JFS