Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower damaged by lightning

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower damaged by lightning
From: Scott McClements <>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 15:33:39 -0400
On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 12:31 PM,  <> wrote:

>    Of course UST says to replace everything. It's a  potential liability
> issue and they don't want any responsibility ("We told him  to replace
> everything and he didn't so it's not our problem")

In this case I would really consider at least swapping out all the
cables and not just trusting eyes to say its OK. That will run you
like 400$ if you get the cables from US Tower and less if you have
them made. To me that is cheap insurance on a very expensive tower
these days. At least here in the NE, its hard to find the HDX572 used.
I would really invest some money to maintain what you have.  -Scott,