Re: [TowerTalk] My 48' Delhi -BOLTS FACING OUT? (link > pix >info)

To: Mike & Coreen Smith <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>, 'Towertalk' <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] My 48' Delhi -BOLTS FACING OUT? (link > pix >info)
From: "Doug Westacott" <ve6pr@canada.com>
Date: 8 May 2010 07:51:29 -0700
Mike

The bolt installation procedure is contained on the tower assembly
instructtions included with a new tower...

I checked online...and yes, there are pictures of the towers but no assembly
instrucions...

Anyway,  have a look at a bolt...especially the shank...

As for A325 bolts...the Delhi supplied bolts are nowhere close to this spec..

I can break one of the Delhi's that has seized up...never do it with an
A325...not with hand tools on a tower ...

Doug

VE6PR