Re: [TowerTalk] Optibeam OB4-40

To: Dick Hanson <dick@dkhanson.com>, towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Optibeam OB4-40
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 21:21:47 -0700
You may get a couple of answers from this reflector, but I think you'd
have more luck by just doing a Google search for "Optibeam" and "OB4-40"
and then contacting the folks who show up in the results.  There are
several of them, including some contest stations.

For what it may be worth, I own an OB2-40 as well as an OB16-3, and the
gain and SWR plots for both antennas match almost identically the
Optibeam published information (you can get the EZNEC output plots from
DF2BO for the asking).  I would expect the OB4-40 plots to be similarly
dependable.

I also have some closeup pictures of the construction details for the
OB2-40 and O16-3 on my website at AB7E.com, and the OB4-40 uses pretty
much the same hardware.

73,
Dave   AB7E