Re: [TowerTalk] Plastic thrust bearings

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Plastic thrust bearings
From: "Eugene Jensen" <eugenejensen@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 19:05:16 -0400

Funny that this subject has so many sides when for years I used a small
Telex/Highgain tower that used a pair of brass plates with groves machined
into them. Now no lube and no bearings. It was used by the entire range of
towers they built by the catalog of that era. The tower in SC I used a
couple of 4 hole bearings with a machined insert that has a cap over the
entire bearing to keep out water and dirt. Since there in insert even if the
bearing seized the mast would turn. It's a driveshaft system. 73 Gene K2QWD