Re: [TowerTalk] Motorized Crank Up Towers

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Motorized Crank Up Towers
From: Jim Rhodes <k0xu@longlines.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 17:18:42 -0500
I guess I am never afraid to differ. I prefer to raise and lower my
tower safely from a small distance so that I CAN see what is going on.
When you are standing at the base of the tower you not only have a
limited viewpoint, but spend most of your time bent over the winch. I
can see the whole tower and any problems that might develop without
being in the fall zone if anything unforeseen
(like a snapped cable) should happen. For me safety first!