Re: [TowerTalk] re installing my hdxmdpl72 question on rebar

To: towertalk@contesting.com, xdavid@cis-broadband.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] re installing my hdxmdpl72 question on rebar
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 14:54:47 EDT

In a message dated 5/24/2010 10:29:23 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  When I see specs like that it always makes me think that  the
manufacturer does it on purpose to limit their liability,

    Ya think?!? They also do it to comply with  various tower standards and
building regulations.

>  knowing that almost nobody is going to actually going to  follow the
print.

    Jeez, Dave - I know you've been on TT for some  time and I can't
believe you made that statement. You're SUPPOSED to  do what the manufacturer
says. They have real live engineers that come up with  those specs. AMATEUR
back-of-the-envelope calculations ain't gonna cut it.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for hams