Re: [TowerTalk] Problem With Force12 C31XR

To: 'Alfredo Vélez WP3C' <wp3c@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Problem With Force12 C31XR
From: "Tod -MN" <tod@k0to.us>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 20:58:28 -0600
I found that my C31XR was also resonant at 21.0 MHz or so. In the end I
adjusted the length of the driven element -- made it shorter by about the
amount the last tip extended from the DE.  It was still a bit low and I will
be adjusting it again in July when I work on the Idaho Antennas. I also
found that I needed to make the inductance at the center of the 15m driven
element almost zero to get close to the proper feed point impedance.

I am guessing that there may be some subtle production changes which
occurred when the new Force12 manufacturing was started up. Eventually the
manufacturing problems, if any, will be resolved I am sure.

Tod, K0TO