Re: [TowerTalk] Two Wires Antennas, One feed line

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Two Wires Antennas, One feed line
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 05:54:22 -0400
For what it's worth, I lived in a townhouse for a long time, with no
outside antennas (in theory).  I had a whole set of dipoles  - 40M (with
W9INN coils at the tips to give some 80M coverage) 20M and 10M.  The 40M
dipole worked fine on 15.  Granted, I was using a tube transceiver at
the time, with a tunable pi-network output, but I never had any trouble
matching on all bands.  Finally threw up a full-wave loop for 80M to
finish 5BDXCC, and wound up using it on all bands (with open wire feed
to one corner, plus a short length of coax and the tuner in a TS-930).
Then I put up a Cushcraft R5, painted matt black, and immediately got
busted by the CCR cops.  Oh well.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com