[TowerTalk] Shack ground

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Shack ground
From: w4lde <w4lde@numail.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 15:15:00 -0400
This maybe the wrong place to ask so excuse me for the bandwidth but:

I have several ground posts just outside of the home connected together
and then also tied to the house electrical panel ground system.

Just inside the house and in the basement is a connector panel for coax
and rotor lines also tied to the ground system.  From that system I have
a #6
run to the 2nd floor shack antenna tuner, about 25ft.

All of my grounds terminate in the shack to the back of the antenna
tuner used with a 80M zepp however, all of the equipment sits on a large
metal desk which is also tied to the tuner ground point.

Question:  Would I better off using the desk as a single point to
connect all of the ground straps from the rigs and other devices
including the Tuner and Ham PC, I have no RFI in the shack and it maybe
a waste of time but I thought I get opinions?

73 de
Ron W4LDE