Re: [TowerTalk] Is lightning hitting the tower..or the yagi's ?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Is lightning hitting the tower..or the yagi's ?
From: Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 13:00:39 -0400
K1TTT wrote:

> Porcupines don't work.  That has been well debunked by nasa and other
> studies.  I don't have the reports links handy, but they are available on
> the web and you can probably find the links in the archives of this list
> from last year, and the year before, and the year before that.

FYI: A very well written and lucid article on this subject, and probably
one of those that Dave is referring to, is:

"There Is No Magic To Lightning Protection:
Charge Transfer Systems Do Not Prevent Lightning Strikes"

William Rison
Professor of Electrical Engineering
New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology

It should be available by simply searching the title.  Otherwise, I can
provide a copy.

73, Joe
K2XX