Re: [TowerTalk] Why horizontally polarized antennas?

To: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Why horizontally polarized antennas?
From: Kelly Johnson <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 16:24:27 -0700
OK, let's ignore the fact that I said "horizontally polarized".  My
co-worker assumed my antenna is "horizontally polarized" because it is
physically oriented that way.  Regardless, I'm sure everyone
understands his question.

BTW - The reason he asked was because he had been told by a very well
known and respected industry expert that verticals over water were the
best radiators.  I explained to him that yes, verticals over salt
water are very good, but not many hams live over salt water so most of
us use yagi's.