Re: [TowerTalk] No Tool Fast Assembly HF Beam

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] No Tool Fast Assembly HF Beam
From: <>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 17:11:09 -0400
For years, I set up temporary contest stations in the Caribbean.  All the my
beam's element sections had a band of tape, showing how far to insert them
into the mating section.  I used colored electrical tape and each element
had a different color.  The boom was also marked with this colored tape
showing to where to place the elements.  I used standard hardware, hose
clamps, u-bolts, etc, but at least this saved time by not having to measure
anything and the end result was a structurally sound and reliable antenna.

John KK9A

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] No Tool Fast Assembly HF Beam
From: "Gary \"Joe\" Mayfield"
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 19:31:08 -0500

After Field Day, we always think there must be a better way to assemble /
disassemble the tri-bander.  A couple of weeks go by and we forget about it,
until next year.  This year I hope to actually do something about it.

Has anyone equipped the elements of a beam with some neat quick assembly
scheme?  I was thinking of the buttons often found in telescopic tent poles,
or the quick and easy clamps that keep the legs of my camera tripod

Also how about a quick and easy way to attach the elements to the boom?

I'm curious what Folks are Doing?

Joe kk0sd