Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical for a 50' tower

To: "'W1JCW'" <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical for a 50' tower
From: "Dave Tipton, W5DMT" <>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 11:31:19 -0500
A Gap Titan might work well in that situation.  80-10 coverage, no radials,
just a fixed counterpoise and basically, it's designed as a vertical
dipole..  Ground mounted, I've never been a huge fan of Gap, but at 50 feet,
it would probably work really well.  I mounted one at 15 feet and got
reasonable results.