Re: [TowerTalk] FW: airline travel with antenna(s) in a golf bag,

To: Tony Brock-Fisher <barockteer@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FW: airline travel with antenna(s) in a golf bag,
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 08:08:13 -0700
Tony Brock-Fisher wrote:
 > If you read the 'fine print' on the airline sites, it probably states
that the golf bag can NOT contain anything OTHER than golf equipment,
not even a pair of underwear! Although I doubt any airlines actually
enforce this, it IS written in their rules. This scared me away from
carrying my son's fencing gear in a golf bag. (Just try getting a sword
in your carry on)!

FWIW, here's Continental's policy
http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/content/travel/baggage/sports.aspx

they carry just about anything
fencing?javelin?

Gosh:
Continental Airlines will accept one hand glider per customer as checked
baggage. Domestically, a hang glider is subject to a $100 service charge
(each way).

Gymnastic equipment.. no problem, but if you have a bag o' shotputs, you
will have to pay the overweight fee.

they do say, in re ski bags
Ski bags measuring over 62 linear inches (157 cm) that contain other
items in addition to or in place of ski equipment will be subject to the
applicable oversize charge.  (no sneaking your javelin on in a ski bag!)