Re: [TowerTalk] airline travel with antenna(s) in a golf bag

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] airline travel with antenna(s) in a golf bag
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 17:48:28 -0400
A golf bag has worked fine for me on a number of occasions for carrying
aluminum tubing and other long items on a flight.  I use a hard plastic one
which was pretty inexpensive and no one ever asked what I had inside.
Unfortunately, airlines have really changed their luggage policies lately
and perhaps if you do not have golf equipment inside, they will charge you
for oversize luggage?.  You can also ship the antenna, but then you have to
deal with clearing customs if going to another country.

John KK9A / P40A  ex. ZF2JB, VP5J,VP2MFT, /FS, /PJ7, /V2A, /VP2E, /VP2V