Re: [TowerTalk] Beta match adjustment

To: "'Kevin Normoyle'" <knormoyle@surfnetusa.com>, "'Tower Talk List'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Beta match adjustment
From: "Tim Duffy K3LR" <k3lr@k3lr.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 10:11:17 -0500
HI Kevin,

I built two W6NL Moxon's. I have had them in the air for several years.
They work perfectly. Nothing changes when the wind blows.

The W6NL Moxon antenna has superior performance characteristics when
compared to the Cushcraft 2 ele 40 (which I used before the W6NL design).

I do constant comparisons between the W6NL two element antennas (in a stack)
and full size 4 ele OWA antennas (stacked). There are no surprises or free
lunches. The larger antennas have more gain and more front to back, as you
would expect.

However, for a 2 element Yagi - on 40 meters, with a 22 ft boom - the W6NL
Moxon's forward gain, F/B pattern, feedpoint simplicity and wide VSWR
bandwidth - the combination is tough to beat.

73,
Tim K3LR

http://www.k3lr.com