Re: [TowerTalk] 50 ohm yagis (40M2L)

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 50 ohm yagis (40M2L)
From: <>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 17:01:43 -0400
I built a full sized 2el 40m beam with direct 50 ohm feed and had it up for
years at my previous QTH, so I think it is very possible.  I never stated
that it is possible with your boom length (whatever that is), as I recall my
boom was around 21' feet.

John  KK9A

From: Kevin Normoyle
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 09:43:46 -0700

On 7/18/2010 8:18 AM, wrote:
>    BTW, it is pretty easy to design a 2el
> yagi with 50 ohm impedance eliminating the need for the match.
> John KK9A

40M 2L 50 ohm impedance? with reasonable gain/f/b/swr bandwidth? I don't
think so, or I couldn't do it
(with my boom length and full length elements)
Am I missing something?