[TowerTalk] Buriable coax

Subject: [TowerTalk] Buriable coax
From: John Lyles <>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 15:50:55 -0600
About 15 years ago, I bought some spools of IP-8 Impervion, a Times
Microwave cable that was RG-8 impregnated with a silicone goo that was
supposed to prevent ingress of moisture and allow direct burial. I got
it from Surplus Sales of Nebraska at the time. I buried a run from my
bedroom shack out to the tower, another out to a suspended vertical
piece to the center of a dipole. I have no idea of the stuff worked, but
I have not seen increase in VSWR and the radios still get out. I wonder
if Times still makes IP-8?