[TowerTalk] 75ohm cable

To: <Towertalk@contesting .com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 75ohm cable
From: "Carol Richards" <>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 10:47:32 -0500
I am the proud recipent of numerous rolls of 75 ohm, 1/2 in CATV cable. Since
all of my antennas require 250ft or mor runs this is a real blessing. I have a
few questions before I start replacing the RG 213.

1. All of my yagis are 50 ohm, fed through rf chokes to the feed point. Can I
just connect the 75 ohm and not worry about the small mismatch or do I need to
use some type of matching network?

2. Are there commercial matching networks to do the job I want that will handle

3. I have several articles that allow me to make PL-259's to fit this coax. Is
there an easier way?

thanks, Carol