Re: [TowerTalk] 75ohm cable

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 75ohm cable
From: <>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 17:00:22 -0400
The Array Solutions AS-75:50-1 should match the impedance of your CATV cable
to the rest of your antenna system.

John KK9A

Subject: [TowerTalk] 75ohm cable
From: "Carol Richards" <
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 10:47:32 -0500

I am the proud recipent of numerous rolls of 75 ohm, 1/2 in CATV cable.
all of my antennas require 250ft or mor runs this is a real blessing. I have
few questions before I start replacing the RG 213.

1. All of my yagis are 50 ohm, fed through rf chokes to the feed point. Can
just connect the 75 ohm and not worry about the small mismatch or do I need
use some type of matching network?

2. Are there commercial matching networks to do the job I want that will

3. I have several articles that allow me to make PL-259's to fit this coax.
there an easier way?

thanks, Carol