[TowerTalk] Joining Phillystran and EHS

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Joining Phillystran and EHS
From: "Mark Robinson" <>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 10:42:45 -0400
I am getting ready to assemble the top guys on my rohn 45 tower. I intend to
use a short length of 1/4ehs at the top and maybe 27 feet of 1/4 ehs at the
bottom. I will be using a length of Phillystran HTP667001 in the middle. I will
use the PLP2755 big grip on the philly with a 1/2 inch thimble. I will be using
a BG2144 big grip on the 1/4 ehs together with a 3/8 thimble. My question is
how to join the ehs and the philly together. Can I just use the two thimbles
looped inside of each other at the joint or do I need a shackle or maybe a 502
insulator between the two big grips.

The shackle would need to be fairly substantial to have a working load near to
that of the cable at 6000 pounds. How have other people made this connection?

73 Mark N1UK