Re: [TowerTalk] BPL45G Guying Question

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] BPL45G Guying Question
From: <>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 16:53:38 -0400
I used the top plate to guy my P40A Rohn 55 and it worked well.  The holes
are too small to directly attach your guy cable so you'll need a shackle.
Some people find it difficult to install antennas with the guys at the very
top, but for me this was never an issue and I think that being at the top
adds some strength to the installation.

John KK9A

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] BPL45G Guying Question
From: "Mark Robinson" <>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 15:09:15 -0400

I am using the Rohn BPL45G flat top plate to make the top flat section out
of a standard 10 foot Rohn 45 tower section. I am putting up an 86 foot Rohn
tower and I was intending on using a Rohn GA45GD guy bracket assembly at
around the 81 foot mark. However I see that the BPL45G flat top comes with 3
holes for guy wires to be attached. directly to it Would I be better off
using these 3 mounting holes and guying the tower at the 86 foot mark
instead of my original plan of using the GA45GD bracket?

73 Mark N1UK