[TowerTalk] Spammed by Tea Party mailing from M2

Subject: [TowerTalk] Spammed by Tea Party mailing from M2
From: wyc <>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 09:50:36 -0700
I was disappointed to receive an unsolicited mass-emailing last night
forwarded from Mike Staal, K6MYC of (addressed to Ken Holladay
K6HCP, but apparently bcc’d to me and others), re “Prop 106 AZ: How to beat
Obamacare in Arizona” – a mailing directed to "Tea Party leaders,
conservative activists, and bloggers," with which I won’t further clutter
this list.

I would suggest vendors think twice (and more) about using their lists of
ham- (and worse, antenna-) related email addresses to engage in political
advocacy.  It certainly took Mike’s company down a notch in my estimation
(and would have done so regardless of my political leanings).

Sorry for burdening the list with this only peripherally antenna-related
post, but by highlighting such conduct, perhaps its use might be attenuated…