Re: [TowerTalk] DX eng

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DX eng
From: jimlux <>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 06:40:52 -0700
Pete Smith wrote:
> I have been told that DX Engineering is a ham radio offshoot of Summit
> Racing Equipment, a huge Internet retailer of street and strip
> aftermarket car stuff.  As such, they obviously understand how to handle
> Internet sales.  Summit has a beat-a-price guarantee -- I wish DX
> Engineering did, too, but most of what they sell is proprietary and
> pretty pricey, IMO.

Interesting.. seems plausible..  The link is PDS Electronics, Inc.

 From Whois:
PDS Electronics, Inc, dba Dx Engineering
1212 Northeast Avenue
Tallmadge, OH 44278-1140

But since all the other sources have the address as 1212 Southeast Ave,
I'd believe that the whois was wrong.
   PDS owns over 100 domains..

I'm going to speculate that PDS is Paul D Sergi (NO8D), who is an
inventor on patent #7,321,340 assigned to PDS electronics "Multi-purpose
antenna hub", among a zillion other patents for antennas and brackets.

Paul is CEO of Summit Racing Equipment

SUmmit Racing
1200 Southeast Ave.
Tallmadge, Ohio 44278

  Whois Record for
Registered by:
PDS Electronics Inc.
First Registered Date:
Registration Expiry Date:

Summit Racing Equipment acquires Genuine Hotrod Hardware, a direct mail

An IP lawsuit PDS Electronics vs MFJ, June 4, 2009, Ohio N. District Ct.
also: PDS Electronics, Inc. v. RadialWave, LLC   11/16/2005

PDS ELectronics also has an address in Akron Ohio.

And googling a bit turns up a Patric Stollsteimer who claims he's owner
of PDS Electronics in Pueblo CO.  But that's PDS Electronics Co., not
PDS Electronics, Inc.