Re: [TowerTalk] surge protectors

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] surge protectors
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 11:28:57 -0700
I live in far southern Arizona (lots of butt-kicker summer
thunderstorms) and not too long ago our local electrical utility was
offering a pretty good deal on a whole-house surge suppressor package
that included a beefy surge protector at the main panel and a protection
warranty for any damaged household electronics.  In reading the fine
print, however, I discovered that lightning protection was specifically
excluded ... the system was only warranted to protect against
differential mode power surges.

Might be worth checking closely before you buy ....

73,
Dave   AB7E