Re: [TowerTalk] Re Plumbing a Tower

To: "Gary \"Joe\" Mayfield" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Re Plumbing a Tower
From: David Gilbert <>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 21:57:00 -0700

It's actually quite simple ... you just make sure all three legs are at
the same angle.  That assumes, of course, that the tower is straight,
which I accomplished with a taut string as described in an earlier
post.  There's nothing unique about a tapered tower ... the legs still
need to be straight and each leg needs to have the same angle.  That's
all there is to it.

I trued my tower by building "feet" for the base out of concrete block
and angle iron, and clamping the base to the angle iron with C-clamps.
I adjusted each leg one at a time until the angles were all the same
(89.1 degrees in my case), and then drilled holes and put bolts in them
to replace the C-clamps that I didn't trust to survive the concrete pour.

Dave   AB7E